geotextile fabric for gravel driveway
Geotextile fabric is a material used in construction to provide reinforcement and separation for gravel driveways. It is placed underneath the gravel to help prevent the gravel from sinking into the ground and to keep it in place. There are many different types of geotextile fabrics available, and the best one for your gravel driveway will depend on a variety of factors, including the type of soil in your area and the amount of traffic your driveway receives.
There are many geotextile fabric manufacturers in China, as China is a major producer of geotextile fabrics. Some of the top manufacturers in China include Haining Hongying Machinery Co., Ltd., Hengrui Geosynthetics Co., Ltd., and Hubei Jinlong New Materials Co., Ltd. These companies produce a wide range of geotextile fabrics for a variety of applications, including road construction, drainage systems, and soil stabilization. You can contact these manufacturers directly to inquire about their products and prices.
Gravel pavement practice? Construction technology of gravel pavement
There are two construction methods for gravel pavement: grouting method and mixing method, but the effect of grouting method is better.
Construction process of grouting method
- ① Preparations: including setting out, arranging the material pile, arranging the road trough and mixing the mud. The slurry shall be mixed according to the water/soil volume ratio of 0.8:1~1.1. If it is too thin or uneven, it will directly affect the strength and stability of the base course.
- ② Paving stone: the stone prepared in advance shall be fully paved at one time according to the loose paving thickness. The coefficient of loose paving is about 1.2~1.3. When there are several kinds and sizes of crushed stone, the same type and size of stone shall be used in the same layer, and random paving is not allowed.
- ③ Initial rolling: the purpose of initial rolling is to make the crushed stone particles compact, but still retain a certain number of gaps so that the mud can be poured in. Therefore, it is appropriate to use three wheel roller or vibratory roller for rolling. The number of rolling passes shall not exceed 2~4 (1 pass if the rear wheel has finished rolling the full width of the road), and the rolling shall be carried out until the gravel is free of looseness.
- ④ Grouting: Pour pre prepared mud on the gravel layer stabilized by initial pressure. The slurry shall be poured evenly and the quantity shall be enough to fill the gap between the gravels. The surface of the slurry shall be flush with the crushed stone, but the edges and corners of the crushed stone shall still be exposed above the slurry. If necessary, the slurry can be swept evenly with a bamboo broom. During grouting, make sure that the mud is poured to the bottom of the gravel layer. 1~2h after grouting, when the mud is poured and the air in the pores overflows, sprinkle caulking material (about 1~1.5m/m) on the surface of the wet gravel layer to fill the gaps on the surface of the gravel layer. The caulking material should be evenly distributed.
- ⑤ Rolling: when the surface is wet but the internal slurry is still semi wet, continue rolling with three wheel roller or vibratory roller, and pay attention to sweeping the caulking material at any time. Rolling until there is no obvious wheel trace and the material under the roller is completely stable. In the rolling process, after every one to two times of rolling, spread a thin layer of stone chips and sweep them evenly, and then roll them, so that the mud in the gravel gap can flood to the surface and bond with the stone chips.
Construction process of mixing method
The difference between the mixing method construction and the grouting method construction is that the soil does not need to be made into slurry, but is directly spread on the paved and leveled gravel layer, evenly mixed with a grader, a multi share plough or a multi tooth harrow, and then rolled with a three wheel roller or a vibratory roller. Rolling method is the same as grouting method. In the process of rolling, additional water shall be sprayed when necessary. After 4~6 times of rolling, caulking material shall be spread, and then rolling shall continue until there is no obvious wheel mark and the material under the roller is completely stable.
Mixing method is adopted for the construction of mud bound macadam surface.
① Gravel paving: pave the gravel with a grader or manually according to the loose paving thickness, and sprinkle water to make the gravel wet.
② Soil spreading: the specified amount of soil is evenly spread on the gravel surface.
③ Mixing: mechanical or manual mixing shall be adopted. After mixing for one time, water shall be sprayed while mixing. After mixing for 3 to 4 times, clay slurry shall be bonded with crushed stone.
④ Shaping: Use a grader to level the road surface to meet the requirements of road camber.
⑤ Rolling: after shaping, use 6-8t road roller to sprinkle water and roll to make the mud rise. When there is a layer of mud in the joint, stop rolling; After it is slightly dry, use a 10~12t road roller to collect mortar and roll it once, then sprinkle caulking material, and roll it again for 2~3 times until there is no obvious wheel mark on the surface.