Standard construction method of geogrid for subgrade engineering
Geogrid factory welcomes you to the page of “Standard Construction Method of Geogrid for Subgrade Engineering”. Many people don’t know how to lay geogrid in subgrade engineering. Today I will teach you the detailed method:
Construction preparation (transportation, lofting) → base treatment (cleaning) → laying of geogrid (laying method, lap width) → filler (method, particle size) → rolling grid → laying of the lower layer grid.
① Ground treatment
Firstly, level and roll the lower layer. It is required that the flatness should not be greater than 15mm, and the compactness should meet the design requirements. Hard protrusions such as crushed stones and boulders are strictly prohibited on the surface.
② Geogrid laying
- a. When storing and laying geogrids, avoid exposure to the sun and long-term exposure to avoid performance degradation.
- b. Lay perpendicular to the direction of the line, the lap joint meets the requirements of the design drawings, the connection is firm, the strength of the joint in the direction of force is not lower than the design tensile strength of the material, and its superimposed length is not less than 20cm.
- c. The quality of the geogrid meets the requirements of the design drawings.
- d. Keep the continuity of construction without twisting, wrinkling, or overlapping. Pay attention to tighten the grid to make it bear the force, and use manual tension to make it even, smooth, and close to the lower bearing surface, and fix it by inserting nails and other measures.
- e. For geogrids, the direction of the long holes is consistent with the direction of the cross-section of the line, and the geogrids should be straightened and flattened. Grille ends are handled as designed.
- f. After the geogrid is paved, fill it in time, and the interval should not exceed 48 hours to avoid direct exposure to sunlight.
After the grid is laid, it should be filled in time. Filling shall be carried out symmetrically according to the principle of “both sides first, then the middle”, and it is strictly forbidden to fill the middle part of the embankment first. The filler is not allowed to be unloaded directly on the geogrid, but must be unloaded on the paved soil surface, and the unloading height is not greater than 1m. All vehicles and construction machinery are not allowed to walk directly on the paved geogrid, and are only allowed to drive along the direction of the embankment.
④ Scroll grille
After the layer of filling soil reaches the predetermined thickness and is rolled to the design density, the grid is rolled back and wrapped 2m and tied on the upper layer of geogrid, and manually repaired and anchored, and 1m of soil is built outside the rolled-up end to protect the grid. Prevent vandalism.
⑤ According to the above method, one layer of geogrid paving is completed, and other layers of geogrid paving are carried out in the same way. After the paving of the set grid is completed, the filling of the upper embankment will begin.
- ① The grating strength direction should be consistent with the stress direction.
- ② Try to avoid heavy vehicles driving directly on the paved geogrid.
- ③ Minimize the amount of geogrid cutting and sewing to avoid waste.
- ④ During construction in the cold season, the geogrid becomes hard and is easy to cut hands and knees, so pay attention to safety.