Uniaxial Geogrids Description
Geogrids are geosynthetic material made from polymers such as polypropylene,polyethylene or polyester and are used widely in Civil Engineering applications to provide tensile reinforcement of soil.They are in the form of open grids so that soil can strike through the apertures and the two materials interlock together to give composite behaviour. They are used in the construction of retaining walls, steep slopes, roadway bases and foundations.
Zhonglu HDPE Uniaxial geogrid is especially designed for soil reinforcement.
HDPE Uniaxial geogrid is especially designed for soil reinforcement. It is manufactured with High Density Polyethylene resins, from the process of extruding and longitudinal stretching. It has high tensile strength, excellent interlock capacity and low creep deformation.
Uniaxial Geogrids Features
1. Unidirectionally high tensile strength, good creep resistance, chemical nature is stable;
2. The friction coefficient with gravel is large.
Uniaxial Geogrids Application and Benefits:
Uniaxial geogris is kind of high strength geosynthetic. It has extensive applications in dyke, tunnel, pier, highway, railway and building.
Its main applications are follows:
1. Enhance roadbed distortion and crack caused by the loss of roadbed materials;
2. Bear more alternate load;
3. Prevent roadbed distortion and crack caused by the loss of roadbed materials;
4. Increase the self-supporting property of fill behind retaining wall, decrease the earth pressure of retaining wall, save cost, increase service life and reduce maintenance expenses;
5. Combine anchor sprouting concrete construction method to give side slope maintenance, which not only saves investment by 30%-50% but also reduces erection time by one time or above;
6. To increase geogrid in the roadbed and surface of highways can reduce flexure, track and put off the flawing appearance by 3-9 folds and reduce the thickness of structural layer by 36%;
7. Simple and rapid construction will greatly reduce the construction cost.