Uniaxial geogrid is manufactured from plastic materials which may be high-density polypropylene or high-density polyethylene (HDPE) resins by the hot extruding process to make the resins into thin plates, the plates are punched into the regular holes for the formation of desired grids, and then the punching patterns are stretched longitudinally into the desired meshes to develop designed tensile strength. Compared with biaxial geogrid production process, the uniaxial geogrid performs one-way stretching direction during production. In this process, the one-way stretched resins become directional linear state and forms an elliptical mesh integrity structure that is evenly distributed and has extraordinary tensile strength (>150Mpa) and tensile modulus, it provides the soil with an ideal chain force system to bear and diffuse. Plastic uniaxial geogrid has the characteristics of high tensile strength, excellent bearing load capacity, high land optimization and soil erosion protection performance, easy construction, etc. The plastic uniaxial geogrid is the ideal geosynthetic product widely used for soil stabilization and reinforcement in road construction, retaining wall applications
HDPE/PP Uniaxial geogrid spec and property indexes:
HDPE uniaxial geogrid
|Width(m)||1.1 , 1.2 , 2.5|
|Tensile yield per linear meter (≥KN/m)||25||35||50||80||110||120||130||150||180||200|
|Drawing force in 2% tensile stretch (≥KN/m)||7||10||12||26||32||38||54||62||75||85|
|Drawing force in 5% tensile stretch (≥KN/m)||14||20||28||48||64||74||94||110||130||145|
|Remark||Particular specifications can be customized.|
PP Uniaxial geogrid
|Width(m)||1.1 , 1.2 , 1.6, 2.5|
|Tensile yield per linear meter (≥KN/m)||25||35||50||65||80||90||110||130||150|
|Drawing force in 2% tensile stretch|
|Drawing force in 5% tensile stretch|
|Remark||.Particular specifications can bu customized.|
Product Application and Benefits:
Uniaxial geogris is kind of high strength geosynthetic. It has extensive applications in dyke, tunnel, pier, highway, railway and building.
Its main applications are follows:
1. Enhance roadbed distortion and crack caused by the loss of roadbed materials;
2. Bear more alternate load;
3. Prevent roadbed distortion and crack caused by the loss of roadbed materials;
4. Increase the self-supporting property of fill behind retaining wall, decrease the earth pressure of retaining wall, save cost, increase service life and reduce maintenance expenses;
5. Combine anchor sprouting concrete construction method to give side slope maintenance, which not only saves investment by 30%-50% but also reduces erection time by one time or above;
6. To increase geogrid in the roadbed and surface of highways can reduce flexure, track and put off the flawing appearance by 3-9 folds and reduce the thickness of structural layer by 36%;
7. Simple and rapid construction will greatly reduce the construction cost.
1.What is geosynthetics ?
Geosynthetics form a perfect erosion control fabric used extremely widely in civil engineering to stabilize and reinforce slopes and soil under or next to roads, railways, dams, water reservoirs etc.. They can be easily applied which minimizes the time of construction, as well as they limit the resources and materials necessary.
What kinds of geosynthetics we have ?
Non-woven geotextile, geogrids, geocells, GCL, Geomembranes, Geonets, Geocomposites etc .
What is the geosynthetics used for ?
Lagooning and Water Treatment, Ornamental Ponds, Golf Courses
Aquaculture and Desalination,Water Lagoons,Tanks, Reservoirs, Liquid Waste,Floating Cover Solutions, Drainage and Filtration
Tailing ponds, Leach mining,Landfills,Landfill Capping,Protection against corrosion,Vertical Barriers
Erosion Control,Secondary Containment,Tunnels,Linear and Surface Works,Consolidation of Margins,Soil Reinforcement,Soil Separation.
Building – Parkings,Roofing,Soundproofing
Professional geosynthetics manufacturer
Anhui Zhonglu Engineer Materials Co., Ltd