Uniaxial Geogrids Description
Uniaxial polyethylene Geogrid uses high density polyethylene(HDPE) as raw material. It is plasticsed, sheet extrused, punched, heated and stretched. In this process macromolecule is orientated into a linear state and long oval-shaped high overall network structure. Through the stretching, it makes the original distribution of the chain-shape molecules scattered reorientation and liner, which fully improved tensile strength and rigidity of the grille. Laying in the soil, through the mesh grille and soil and the interlocking between the role of occlusion constitute an efficient stress transfer agencies, so that the local load can be quickly and effectively spread to a larger area of soil, and in order to achieve lower local failure stress, to achieve the purpose of improving life. This kind of products in our company have such an international standard ultra-high early(at 2% elongation-5%) tensile strength and tensile modulus, the soil provides the idea power to bear and spread of the chain system. The tensile strength is high(>150Mpa) so that it is a kind of reinforced material that can be used in all sorts of soils.
Uniaxial Geogrids Features
• High tensile and long-term strength
• High tear strength
• Excellent creep resistance
• Flexible and durable
• Increased pull-out resistance and compound strength
• Optimum stability of the junction of the grid
• High chemical and biological resistance
• UV resistance / Cost effective
• High resistance to installation damage and ease of installation
Uniaxial Geogrids Application and Benefits:
Uniaxial geogris is kind of high strength geosynthetic. It has extensive applications in dyke, tunnel, pier, highway, railway and building.
Its main applications are follows:
1. Enhance roadbed distortion and crack caused by the loss of roadbed materials;
2. Bear more alternate load;
3. Prevent roadbed distortion and crack caused by the loss of roadbed materials;
4. Increase the self-supporting property of fill behind retaining wall, decrease the earth pressure of retaining wall, save cost, increase service life and reduce maintenance expenses;
5. Combine anchor sprouting concrete construction method to give side slope maintenance, which not only saves investment by 30%-50% but also reduces erection time by one time or above;
6. To increase geogrid in the roadbed and surface of highways can reduce flexure, track and put off the flawing appearance by 3-9 folds and reduce the thickness of structural layer by 36%;
7. Simple and rapid construction will greatly reduce the construction cost.
Uniaxial Geogrids Workshop
1.What is geosynthetics ?
Geosynthetics form a perfect erosion control fabric used extremely widely in civil engineering to stabilize and reinforce slopes and soil under or next to roads, railways, dams, water reservoirs etc.. They can be easily applied which minimizes the time of construction, as well as they limit the resources and materials necessary.
What kinds of geosynthetics we have ?
Non-woven geotextile, geogrids, geocells, GCL, Geomembranes, Geonets, Geocomposites etc .
What is the geosynthetics used for ?
Lagooning and Water Treatment, Ornamental Ponds, Golf Courses
Aquaculture and Desalination,Water Lagoons,Tanks, Reservoirs, Liquid Waste,Floating Cover Solutions, Drainage and Filtration
Tailing ponds, Leach mining,Landfills,Landfill Capping,Protection against corrosion,Vertical Barriers
Erosion Control,Secondary Containment,Tunnels,Linear and Surface Works,Consolidation of Margins,Soil Reinforcement,Soil Separation.
Building – Parkings,Roofing,Soundproofing