Plastic geogrid is a square or rectangular polymer mesh formed by stretching, punching holes in an extruded polymer sheet (mostly polypropylene or high-density polyethylene), and then applying directional stretching under heated conditions.
Biaxial plastic geogrids have high tensile strength in both the longitudinal and transverse directions.
This structure provides an ideal interlocking system for more effective force bearing and diffusion in the soil, and is suitable for foundation reinforcement of large permanently loaded areas.
|Item||Properties||Units||MD Values1||XMD Values1|
|1||Aperture dimensions2||mm (in.)||25 (1.0)||33 (1.3)|
|2||Minimum rib thickness2||mm (in.)||0.76 (0.03)||0.76 (0.03)|
|3||Tensile strength at 2% strain3||kN/m (lb/ft.)||4.1 (280)||6.6 (450)|
|4||Tensile strength at 5% strain3||kN/m (lb/ft.)||8.5 (580)||13.4 (920)|
|5||Ultimate tensile strength3||kN/m (lb/ft.)||12.4 (850)||19.0 (1,300)|
|6||Junction efficiency4||%||MD Values1|
|9||Resistance to installation damage7||%SC/%SW/%GP||95/93/90|
|10||Resistance to long term degradation8||%||100|
|11||Resistance to UV degradation9||%||100|
|12||Roll sizes||m (ft.)||3.0 × 75.0 (9.8 × 246); 4.0 × 75.0 (13.1 × 246)|
Suitable for all kinds of embankment and road foundation reinforcement, slope protection, cave wall reinforcement, large airports, parking lots, dock yards and other permanent bearing foundation reinforcement.
1. Increase the bearing capacity of the foundation and prolong the service life of the foundation.
2. Prevent the ground from caving in or producing cracks, and keep the ground beautiful and neat.
3. Convenient construction, save time and effort, shorten the construction period and reduce maintenance cost.
4. Prevent culverts from cracking.
5. Enhance soil slope and prevent soil erosion.
6. Reduce the thickness of bedding layer and save the cost.
7. Support the stability of slope vegetation mesh mat greening environment.
8. It can replace metal mesh and be used for false roof mesh in underground coal mine.
1, What is the difference between uniaxial and biaxial geogrid?
Biaxial geogrids are those that exhibit the same strength in both the machine directions MD and cross-machine directions CMD while uniaxial geogrids exhibit the primary strength in the machine direction with minimal strength, enough to maintain the aperture structure, in the cross-machine direction.
2, How many types of geogrids are there?
There are three different types of geogrids: Uniaxial, Biaxial, and Triaxial . Each one is designed and manufactured for specific construction applications with various tensile strengths.
3: How long is the delivery time?
Generally it is 2-3 days if the goods are in stock. Or 10-15 days if not in stock, according to the quantity.
4:Do you provide samples?
A:Yes,samples are free
Any more informations,please feel free contact us.
Professional geosynthetics manufacturer
Anhui Zhonglu Engineer Materials Co., Ltd